Broccoli, Mushrooms, Ham, and Cheddar Baked with Eggs
Broccoli, Mushrooms, Ham, and Cheddar Baked with Eggs has so many great flavors, and this is a perfect breakfast option for Weekend Food Prep!
It’s Labor Day weekend in the U.S. and I’m sure a lot of people are out of town enjoying the weekend. But when it’s a long weekend and you’re spending it at home, don’t you love the way that extra day gives you a chance to get caught up on things you sometimes don’t have time for? And this weekend I’m thinking about周末食品准备, and thisBroccoli, Mushrooms, Ham, and Cheddar Baked with Eggsis the perfect low-carb and Keto breakfast recipe to make on the weekend and have leftovers to eat for a few days!
I created the Weekend Food Prep category on the blog because of my own fondness for cooking ahead and having food in the fridge to pull out for a quick meal. That’s a habit I acquired when I was teaching school and had to plan ahead for lunches. (I didn’t want to eat the school lunch food and there was no time to go out!)
Now that I’m a full-time blogger working at home, I’m not always as good about cooking ahead on the weekend, but it’s something I’m always trying to improve on! And nothing helps me stay on track with my carb-conscious eating like having tasty food in the fridge that’s ready to eat.
早餐dishes like Broccoli, Mushrooms, Ham, and Cheddar Baked with Eggs are what I call Egg Bakes, and those recipes have a lot of veggies, meat, or cheese with just enough egg to hold it together, so they’re just a little different from my other breakfast casseroles that have more egg. And this recipe makes 8 servings, so hopefully you’ll be able to have enough for a few breakfasts!
How to Make Broccoli, Mushrooms, Ham, and Cheddar Baked with Eggs:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe, including nutritional information.)
- Brown a pound of sliced mushrooms in a small amount of olive oil. (I used pre-sliced mushrooms, which made it quick.)
- Dice enough ham to make about 2 cups of small ham cubes.
- Whisk 14 eggs until whites and yolks are completely combined.
- Spray a large 10″ x 14″ glass baking dish with non-stick spray; then layer the barely cooked mushrooms and broccoli.
- Then put the diced ham and grated cheese over the vegetables.
- Season with some fresh ground pepper and a littleSpike Seasoning(affiliate link) or your favorite seasoning blend to use on eggs.
- Pour eggs over, then take a fork and gently stir so the ingredients are all combined and coated with egg. I save a little cheese to sprinkle on right before it goes in the oven.
- Bake about 40-45 minutes, or until the eggs are all set and the egg bake is just starting to brown on top.
- Serve hot.
I loved this with a dollop of low-fat sour cream on top.
早餐食谱with Broccoli, Mushrooms, or Ham:
香肠，蘑菇和羊皮纸用鸡蛋烤~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Cheesy Ham and Broccoli Frittata~ The Food Charlatan
Broccoli, Ham, and Mozzarella Baked with Eggs~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Baked Egg Breakfast Casserole with Broccoli and Feta~ Cookin’ Canuck
Slow Cooker Frittata with Broccoli, Ham, and Swiss~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Poblano和蘑菇烤鸡蛋~ All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
Cottage Cheese and Egg Breakfast Muffins with Ham and Cheddar~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
This recipe has been added to a new category called周末食品准备为了帮助您找到食谱，您可以在周末准备或烹饪并在本周内吃！
- 1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 T olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets, cut into fairly small pieces
- 2 cups diced ham, cut into small cubes
- 14 eggs, beaten so whites and yolks are well-combined
- 1-2 tsp. Spike Seasoning (see notes)
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C.
- 用不粘的喷雾喷洒10“x 14”玻璃烤盘。
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan, then cook the sliced mushrooms over medium-high heat until they’re slightly browned and liquid has evaporated, about 8 minutes.
- While mushrooms cook, chop broccoli into small florets. Put broccoli into a glass measuring cup, cover with cling-wrap, and microwave just until broccoli barely starts to cook, about 1-2 minutes. (You can also cook the broccoli 2-3 minutes in boiling water and then drain well if you prefer that method.)
- Drain broccoli into a colander placed in the sink, and let drain while you chop the ham and measure the grated cheese.
- In baking dish layer the cooked mushrooms, barely-cooked broccoli, diced ham, and grated cheese. (I save a little cheese to sprinkle on right before it goes in the oven.)
- Season with fresh-ground black pepper and Spike Seasoning (or your favorite seasoning blend to use on eggs).
- Beat the eggs until whites and yolks are well-combined, then pour eggs over the broccoli-mushroom mixture.
- 用叉子轻轻地搅拌至所有的西兰花,mushrooms, ham, and cheese are coated with egg. (It may look like you need more egg, but trust me on this!)
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until the eggs are set and the top of the egg bake is slightly browned.
- I wouldn’t freeze this, but you can bake it on the weekend and keep in the fridge for breakfasts all through the week.
- Reheat in the microwave for only 1-2 minutes. or heat for a few minutes in a frying pan on the stove.
I loveSpike Seasoning(affiliate link) but you can use any all-purpose seasoning that's good with eggs.
Amount Per Serving: Calories:352 Total Fat:22g Saturated Fat:9G. Unsaturated Fat:11g Cholesterol:398mg Sodium:1050mg Carbohydrates:7G Fiber:4g Sugar:3g Protein:28g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Broccoli, Mushrooms, Ham, and Cheddar Baked with Eggs is loaded withlow-glycemicand low-carb ingredients, and as long as you use lean ham and low-fat cheddar, this would be a great breakfast dish for any phase of the South Beach Diet. It’s also perfect for other low-carb eating plans, and you could use higher-fat ham and full-fat dairy for most other low-carb diets.
Check out早餐食谱for more low-carb breakfast casseroles like this one. Use thewilliamhill威廉希尔 photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like toFollow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterestto see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.