Low-Carb Egg Muffins with Ham,Cheese,and Green Bell Pepper
I love to grab something like egg muffins for a quick breakfast,and Ham,Cheese,and Green Bell Pepper Egg Muffins in the fridge are a great way to start out the week!And this grab-and-go breakfast idea is low-carb,williamhill威廉希尔Keto,low-glycemic,gluten-free,and South Beach Diet approved. Use thewilliamhill威廉希尔 to find more recipes like this one.
When it's January,lots of people start making myGrab-and-Go Egg Muffinsfor an easy low-carb breakfast (and that post with the basic directions for Egg Muffins is well on the way to having 2 Million pins onPinterest,wow!) You can see recipes for this type of egg dish all over the web now,but I first made them in 2005 and came up with the name Egg Muffins as a variation of something I saw in one of the South Beach Diet books.
Mybasic recipe for egg muffinshas infinite variations,so I haven't posted too many individual recipes for the basic egg muffins,but I have shared a few recipes for combinations I make over and over like theseEgg Muffins with Ham,Cheese,and Green Bell Pepper.I love the little bits of tender-crisp bell pepper in these,but you can use red pepper or another vegetable if you're not a green pepper fan.
For years I've had bothlarge and small silicone baking cupsbut a few weeks ago I bought these colorfulChambers Bay Baking Company silicone baking cups,which are a middle size that I really like;Chambers Bay calls this size "Jumbo size".(My small cups measure 2.5 inches across and hold 1/3 cup,the new medium size cups measure 3.5 inches across and hold 2/3 cup and the large size are 3.75 inches across and deeper and hold 1 cup.)Naturally I had to try out the new cups,so I decided to update the photos for this favorite recipe with the new size cup.(No worries,you can also still see the original recipe for small baking cups,click that printer-friendly link to get the recipe if you have the small size.)
Finely chop the green pepper,chop the ham,and slice the green onions.Beat eggs well to combine.
Put the muffin cups on a baking sheet and spray with non-stick spray.Fill each cup with some of the finely diced green pepper,diced ham,sliced green onion,and cheese.Then pour in egg,let it settle down,and fill with egg again,until the egg is almost to the top of the baking cups.Bake 25-30 minutes,or until the top of the egg muffins are browned to your liking.
Egg muffins will keep at least a week in the fridge and can be reheated quickly in the microwave for a perfect easy breakfast.When I have a batch of these in the fridge I feel like I've got breakfast handled for a few days;enjoy!
More Tasty Low-Carb Egg Muffins:
Basic Recipe for Egg Muffins~ williamhill威廉希尔Kalyn's Kitchen
Egg and Cheese Breakfast Muffins with Mushrooms and Thymefrom The Perfect Pantry
Green Chile and Cheese Egg Muffinsfrom williamhill威廉希尔Kalyn's Kitchen
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a new category calledWeekend Food Prepto help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
Low-Carb Egg Muffins with Ham,Cheese,and Green Bell Pepper
I love to grab something like egg muffins for a quick breakfast,and Ham,Cheese,and Green Bell Pepper Egg Muffins in the fridge are a great way to start out the week!
- 2 cups finely diced ham (or slightly less if preferred)
- 1 1/3 cups finely grated cheese (I use Costco Four Cheese Mexican Blend)
- 1 green bell pepper,seeds and stem cut away and finely diced
- 3-4 thinly sliced green onions (optional,but recommended)
- 15 eggs,beaten well
- 1-2 tsp.Spike seasoning(or use any seasoning blend that is good with eggs)
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C. Spray silicone baking cups with nonstick spray.
- Dice ham and green pepper and slice green onions.In the bottom of the the baking cups layer the ham,green pepper,green onions and cheese,dividing each equally among the 12 baking cups.
- Break eggs into a bowl or large measuring cup that has a pour spout,then beat eggs and Spike Seasoning with a fork until they are well combined.
- Pour eggs over the other ingredients until the muffin cups are nearly full,but not quite reaching the top. (I pour some egg in each cup,let it settle,and then pour more until the cup is nearly full.)
- Take a small fork and gently "stir" to distribute the ingredients in the egg mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes,or until the egg mixture is set and starting to brown slightly. (The last few years I've been liking them more browned,but if you don't like them as brown as I do I would start checking after 22 minutes.)
- Egg muffins will keep well in the refrigerator for at least a week. I have frozen them,but the frozen ones release liquid when they are microwaved,so now I prefer to just store them in the fridge.
- To reheat,microwave 45-60 seconds. (Don't cook too long in the microwave or they get rubbery.)
I usedChambers Bay Baking Company medium silicone baking cupsfor the medium-sized egg muffins in this recipe.If you havesmall sized silicone baking cups,usethis version of the recipe.
Recipe created by Kalyn.All images and text ©
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glyecmic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
If made with lean ham and low-fat cheese,these Ham,Cheese,and Green Bell Pepper Egg Muffins would be approved for any phase of the South Beach Diet.They would also be a great choice for most other low-carb diet plans,many of which would prefer full-fat cheese.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use thewilliamhill威廉希尔 photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan.You might also like toFollow williamhill威廉希尔Kalyn's Kitchen on Pinterestto see all the good recipes I'm sharing there.
If you want nutritional information for a recipe,I recommend entering the recipe intothis nutrition analyzer,which will calculate it for you.Or if you're a member ofYummly,you can use the Yum button on my site to save the recipe and see the nutritional information there.